Snoring & Sleep Apnea Treatment in Appleton, WI
What Causes Snoring?
- Large tonsils or tongue
- Long, soft palate
- Excess fat deposits
What Causes Sleep Apnea?
- Family history of sleep apnea
- Muscles in your throat relax
- Brain fails to signal
- Combination of causes
How Dr. Luther Can Help Your Sleep Apnea
Oral appliances work in several ways:
- Repositioning the lower jaw, tongue, soft palate and uvula
- Stabilizing the lower jaw and tongue
- Increasing the muscle tone of the tongue
Determination of proper therapy can only be made by joint consultation of your dentist and physician. Dr. Luther monitors your treatment and evaluate the response of your teeth and jaws.
In addition to Oral Appliance Therapy, Dr. Luther may consult with an oral and maxillofacial surgeon who may consider a variety of methods to evaluate, diagnose and treat upper airway obstruction.