Juvederm XC Treatments in Appleton, WI
At Timbercrest Dental Center, we believe that a youthful look begins with a healthy smile, but it doesn’t end there. That is why we are pleased to offer dermal fillers, such as Juvederm XC, to complement your great smile.
We use Juvederm XC to fill in static wrinkles and folds around the lips, facial areas around the mouth, chin, and nose. And who else knows more about facial anatomy and peri-oral structures (around the mouth) than a doctor of dental surgery? Your Appleton dentist, John Luther, DDS.
Dentistry is much more than just treating teeth. It involves extensive training in multiple regions of the head and neck, including the regions of the jaw, tempro-mandibular joint, sinus cavities, related facial muscle groups, gum tissue, etc.
Dr. Luther is one of the few dentists in the Fox Valley where you can get total facial esthetics….Juvederm XC, other Dermal Fillers like Botox®, and comprehensive dental treatment! When used correctly, Juvederm XC, along with dental procedures such as teeth whitening or porcelain veneers, can give you a natural-looking youthful glow.
What Are Dermal Fillers?
Just as we do with all of the dental procedures we offer, we take every precaution to make sure that the process is as painless as possible. Our patients can be anesthetized for this procedure. However, in most cases, it’s unnecessary because patients generally report little to no discomfort. Remember, as a dentist, Dr. Luther administers anesthetic every day for routine dental procedures. So this is no different for dermal filler procedures.
What is Juvederm® XC?
JUVÉDERM® XC is manufactured using HYLACROSS™ technology, creating a smooth-consistency gel. It is infused with lidocaine to improve comfort during treatment. With JUVÉDERM® XC you get the smooth results you expect, with the improved comfort you want.
Everyone will notice, but no one will know.
How Does Juvederm® XC Work?
Young, healthy-looking skin contains an abundance of a naturally hydrating substance called hyaluronic acid (HA). But as you age, sunlight and other factors can reduce the amount of HA in your skin. The lack of HA causes your skin to lose structure and volume, creating unwanted facial wrinkles and folds – like those parentheses lines around some people’s nose and mouth.
Using a dermal filler like JUVÉDERM® XC is a safe and effective way to replace the HA your skin has lost, bringing back its volume and smoothing away facial wrinkles and folds.
Read on for more details about how JUVÉDERM® XC makes those parentheses disappear:
1. Understanding Where Wrinkles Form
3. Experiencing Rejuvination
As a next generation HA filler, JUVÉDERM® XC uses a manufacturing process called HYLACROSS™ technology. HYLACROSS™ gives JUVÉDERM® XC its special smooth-gel structure that holds up over time. That’s why JUVÉDERM® XC is the first smooth-consistency HA gel and the only HA filler that’s FDA-approved to last up to one year with only one treatment.
2. Our Skin’s Natural Moisturizer
You’ll Love Juvederm® XC.
Contact our Appleton dental office today to determine which treatment is best for you!
Why Juvederm® XC?
- It’s long-lasting. JUVÉDERM® XC is the ONLY hyaluronic acid (HA) filler FDA approved to last up to one year with one treatment (did we just say a year?). That’s right, up to a year.
- It’s smooth and more comfortable. Not all HA dermal fillers are created equal. Only JUVÉDERM® is so smooth. Other hyaluronic acid fillers currently on the market are made of granular consistency gels, but our unique manufacturing process (HYLACROSS™) creates a smooth-consistency gel that flows easily into the skin and provides a smooth, natural look and feel—so everyone will notice (but no one will know)!Did we mention it’s more comfortable than previous JUVÉDERM® formulations? JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel is now formulated with lidocaine, a common anesthetic used to improve the comfort of treatment.
- It’s safe and effective for differentskin types.JUVÉDERM® injectable gel is the first FDA-approved hyaluronic acid dermal filler that has proven its safety and effectiveness in persons of color. Studies with JUVÉDERM® showed no increased risk of hyperpigmentation or hypertrophic scarring in patients of color.
- It’s personalized. One size doesn’t fit all when it comes to wrinkle treatment. A customized treatment plan is important for achieving the best results. That’s why JUVÉDERM® XC is available in two formulations—JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC for versatility in contouring and volumizing facial wrinkles and folds, and JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC, a more robust formulation for volumizing and correcting deeper folds and facial wrinkles. This allows Dr. Luther to tailor treatment to meet your unique needs.There are plenty of dermal wrinkle fillers on the market today, but we think you’ll agree JUVÉDERM® XC is special. (After all, there’s a reason JUVÉDERM® is the #1 selling dermal filler in the U.S.) For a smooth, comfortable experience combined with long-lasting results, don’t wait – ask Dr. Luther about JUVÉDERM® XC treatment today.
JUVÉDERM® and JUVÉDERM® XC Side Effects
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection. But most side effects will usually resolve themselves within the first 2-3 weeks. Hyaluronic acid fillers are generally biocompatible, which means allergy skin testing is not required prior to treatment.